A decadent dessert for breakfast, this creamy s’mores oatmeal is quick and simple. All you need are 5 ingredients and 5 minutes. This oatmeal is creamy, rich, chocolatey, and satisfying.
Why you’ll love it
Does this sound like dessert for breakfast. Maybe a little. Ok, maybe a lot. But let me tell you, you’re going to love this creamy s’mores oatmeal. And here’s why
I hope you don’t think me uncouth but, honestly, I prefer to make my oatmeal in the microwave. *Gasp* But here me out. Making breakfast in the microwave is perfect if you’re in a rush. And, let’s be honest, that’s probably most of us right? Microwaved oats require zero babysitting. You only dirty one dish. And the oatmeal is still super delicious and creamy. So I implore you to give microwaved oatmeal a try. Particularly, this creamy s’mores oatmeal.
In a bowl, combine the oats and plant-based milk. Place the oats in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes. Note: cooking times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. You’ll know when the oats are done because they will be tender and not dried out. The oats will continue to thicken a bit as they sit so it’s ok if when you remove them from the microwave they are still a little liquid-y.
When the oats are done, remove them from the microwave and stir in 1 tbsp of vegan chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of vegan marshmallows. To serve, top with crush graham crackers and remaining chocolate chips and vegan marshmallows.
That’s it! How simple is that?!? Now, if you have the time or you just don’t want to microwave your breakfast you can totally make these on the stove top just as you would many other oatmeal. My feelings won’t be hurt, I promise! No matter your method of preparation, give them a try!
This creamy s’mores oatmeal is so rich and delicious. You’ll be taken back to roasting ‘mallows over a summer night’s bonfire. Let me know what you think and enjoy friends!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Oats- vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron, fiber
you might also enjoy
Creamy S’more Oatmeal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups plant-based milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp vegan mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips, divided
- vegan graham crackers, crushed into crumbs for topping
- In a bowl, combine the oats and plant-based milk. Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the power of your microwave. When the oats are tender but not dried out they're done.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in ½ tbsp of vegan chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of vegan marshmallows.
- Top with crush graham crackers and remaining chocoalte chips and vegan marshmallows.