Grab some chips and make this 5 ingredient jalapeño lime almond dip. It’s slightly spicy, deliciously creamy, and insanely addicting. Perfect for the big game this weekend!
Why you’ll love it
Aside from the fact that this dip is DELICIOUS here are a few other reasons why you need to make this dip for the big game this weekend. Or, really, for any party you’re throwing.
- Simple- Doesn’t get much easier than 5 ingredients and 1 food processor am I right?
- Quick- This jalapeño lime almond dip is ready in about 15 minutes. You heard me, 15 minutes. What are you waiting for?
- Spicy- Make this dip as spicy (or as not spicy) as you want. When you make dips at home you’re in control of the heat level. I prefer mine spicy, but to each his or her own.
- Creamy- Another perk of making your dips at home is that they will never be dry. Always creamy and smooth. Perfection.
- Fresh- store-bought dips are definitely convenient. But let’s face it, they were made a while ago and are loaded with preservatives to keep them fresh. Well, kinda fresh. There’s nothing like a freshly made dip. Trust me.
Let’s take a second to talk about using jalapeños (or any spicy pepper). Just a few quick tips to prevent the capsaicin (spicy pepper oil) from burning your skin:
- Wear thick rubber gloves when slicing and removing the spine and seeds from the flesh of the pepper.
- Use gloved hands to pick up any stray seeds and spines.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or ears.
Once you’ve allowed the almonds to soak for at least 8 hours (preferably overnight), drain and rinse them with fresh water. Add the soaked almonds, jalapeños, lime juice, olive oil and salt to the bowl of a high-powered food processor. Process the dip until the almonds are smooth, stoping frequently to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add water 1/4 cup of a time to help the dip smooth out and come together. I usually add about 1/3-1/2 cup of water.
This dip is great when served at room temperature or it can be eaten right out of the refrigerator. Eat it with the usual: chips, vegetables, a spoon…Any way you enjoy it, just be sure to let me know what you think. Enjoy friends!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Almonds- protein, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, iron
Limes- phytochemicals, antioxidants
Olive oil- monounsaturated oils
you might also enjoy
Cheezy Tuscan Sausage Dip
Jalapeno Lime Almond Dip
- 1½ cups almonds, soaked 8 hours or overnight
- ¼-½ cup water
- 1 large jalepeno, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- Add drained and rinsed almonds, ¼ cup water, sliced jalepeno, desired amount of jalepeno seeds and spines, lime juice, olive oil and sea salt to food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy adding more water ¼ cup at a time until desired consistancy is reached.
- Taste and adjust as needed adding more jalepeno seeds and spines for spice, lime for acidity, olive oil for richness and sea salt for saltiness.