Enjoy all the tastes of bacon without the bacon by preparing these no bacon Brussels sprouts. All you need are 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to create this elegant side dish that will have your guests wondering how it’s vegan.
Why you’ll love it
First off, I dare you to come up with a reason NOT to make this dish. Here are the reasons why you’re going to fall in love with this side.
- Simple- This dish requires on 5 ingredients (6 if you include the optional pomegranate aril topping). Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. It really doesn’t get much easier than that folks.
- Elegant- The vibrant colors of the green Brussels sprouts and the vibrant pop of red from the pomegranates make this a visually stunning side dish.
- Flavorful- Who didn’t love bacon? Now, you can enjoy that Smokey bacon flavor, the vegan way. Crispy Brussel
- Textured- Crispy shredded Brussels sprouts meets crunchy bursting-with-flavor pomegranate arils. Perfection!
Ok, I know what you might be thinking: Brussels Sprouts? No Thanks. But let me tell, roasted Brussels sprouts are amazing. And shaved roasted Brussel’s sprouts? It’s like next-level wonderful. Give them a try and I promise you will not be disappointed. Forget everything you remember from your childhood about these cruciferous vegetables. I’m going to share me secret to preparing flavorful and crispy Brussels sprouts.
Preheat your oven to 425*F. Place the shredded Brussel’s sprouts in a single layer on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast them for 10-12 minutes, toss, and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes watching closely to prevent burning. Remove from the oven the toss with the no bacon dressing.
No Bacon Dressing
While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, prepare the no bacon dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the coconut aminos, maple syrup, molasses, and liquid smoke together. Pour over the warm roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Top with pomegranate arils and serve.
I really hope that you guys give these Brussels sprouts a try. And when you do, be sure to let me know what you think. Enjoy friends!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Pomegranate- vitamin C, antioxidants, polyphenols
you might also enjoy
Vegan No Bacon Brussel's Sprouts
Enjoy all the tastes of bacon without the bacon by preparing these no bacon Brussel's sprouts. All you need are 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to create this elegant side dish that will have your guests wondering how it's vegan.
- 20 oz Brussels sprouts, shaved
- pomegrante arils (for serving)
Vegan Bacon Dressing
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1½ tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
Roasted Brussel's Sprouts
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place shaved Brussel's sprouts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Stir and continue baking for an additional 10-12 minutes.
No Bacon Dressing
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingrdients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Toss with warm roasted Brussel's sprouts.
Serve warm topped with pomegranate arils.