Slightly spicy and super simple, this pan-cooked chickpea and green bean bowl is a perfect summertime meal that doesn’t require the oven. Fewer than 10 ingredients needed and ready in about 20 minutes.
Why you’ll love it
I can guarantee that you will love this light and satisfying dish. Here are just a few reasons why you need to whip this up just as soon as possible.
Such a simple and flavorful dish, you won’t believe you don’t need to heat up the oven to make this pan-cooked chickpea and green bean bowl. In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. If you’re oil-free, use a bit of water or vegetable broth instead of sesame oil. Once the liquid is hot, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas. Gently toss to coat the chickpeas and fry them for 5 minutes until they’re golden brown.
While the chickpeas are cooking, add the soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, chili garlic sauce, and green onions to a small bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they’re combined. Set the sauce aside.
After the chickpeas have been cooking for 5 minutes add the trimmed green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just they’re just tender. Add in the sauce to the chickpeas and green beans. Stir and allow the sauce to cook for about 1 minute.
Dish up on a bed of quinoa or rice and top with more green onions and sesame seeds. This dish also makes great leftovers so it’s perfect for meal prepping.
Ingredient Health Benefits
Chickpeas- protein, fiber, potassium, folate, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, thiamine
Lime- phytochemicals, antioxidants
you might also enjoy
Pan-Cooked Chickpea and Green Bean Bowl
- 1, 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut
- 1 tsp sesame oil *use vegetable broth if oil-free
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, more or less dependig on preference
- 3-4 green onions, plus more for serving
- sesame seeds, for topping
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas. Toss to coat and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, add the soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, chili garlic sauce, and green onions. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- After the chickpeas have been cooking for 5 minutes add the trimmed green beans. Cook for 3-5 minutes until just tender.
- Add the sauce to the chickpeas and green beans. Stir and allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Dish up and top with more green onions and sesame seeds.