Chunky, salty, crunchy, and slightly sweet. Need I say more? Made in less than 30 minutes and with less than 10 simple ingredients this chunky peanut butter granola will become a breakfast and snacking staple in your home.
Ryan came home this week after being gone for 6 months so I decided to make him a welcome home present. He absolutely LOVES this chunky peanut butter granola and I absolutely LOVE how easy it is to prepare.
Made with pantry staple ingredients this quick and easy granola recipe is sure to be gone faster than it will take you to make. Don’t worry, the recipe is easy enough to double. Or triple…
Peanut Butter Granola Variations
One thing I love about this granola is its versatility. Allergic to peanuts? Easily substitute the peanuts and peanut butter for a different nut and nut butter. There’s a wide variety of nut butters available now (my newest obsession is cashew butter).
Or if all nuts are a no go for you, try seeds. Sunflower seed butter and tahini (sesame seed butter) are great options for those of you who are nut free. You could even leave out the whole nuts or seeds and substitute with an additional 1/2 cup of oats.
Just as a side note: No matter what type of nut or seed butter you use, aim for one that has little to no other ingredients besides the nut or seed being creamed. Added salt, sugar and oils can affect the flavor and texture of you finished granola.
Another tip is to be sure that when you press the prepared granola onto the baking sheet there are no “holes” in the granola. You want a uniform thickness and evenly spread granola. This will ensure that, once cooked and broken apart, the granola is evenly cooked and super chunky. I don’t know about you, but chunky granola is the best in my opinion!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Cinnamon: source of manganese, iron, calcium, and fiber
Oats: Vitamins A & B; calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese; soluble and insoluble fiber; phytochemicals
Peanuts: high in antioxidants (especially when roasted)
Chunky Peanut Butter Granola
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shelled, roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Evenly press granola onto parchment paper. About ¼ of an inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 mintues until fregrant and browned but not burned. Do not stir granola or shake the pan!
- Once completely cool break granola into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.