A vegan pumpkin pie topped with a cranberry pecan streusel. With a hit of orange and vanilla, a dash of pumpkin pie spice, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup this vegan pumpkin pie is ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes. A touch of elegance is added to this classic Thanksgiving dessert by including seasonal favorites: cranberries and pecans.
Get ready for your house to smell like a small slice of autumn heaven. Or rather, a large pumpkin pie. Made with fewer than 15 ingredients this dessert is going to be a show-stopper at Thanksgiving dessert.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Now, I don’t know about you but I love making a dessert in my blender. Ok, I love any excuse to bust out my Vitamix. But a pumpkin pie?!? Yes, please! Simply toss in all the pumpkin pie ingredients and blend. Stop periodically to scape down the sides but it really shouldn’t take more than a few seconds to be ready for pouring into the pie crust. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a blender you can still totally make this with a large bowl and a whisk. You’ll still get an awesomely delicious pumpkin pie.
Once everything is incorporated, bake your pie for about 35 minutes at 350*F until it’s just a bit jiggly in the middle. At this point, remove the pie from the oven and top with your cranberry pecan streusel.
Cranberry Pecan Streusel
To make said cranberry pecan streusel topping grab your food processor. Pulse the cold, cubed vegan butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until just combined and crumbly. Stir in the chopped cranberries and pecans. Gently and evenly sprinkle the streusel on top to the partially baked pie.
Continue cooking the pie for an additional 20-25 minutes. The pie is done when the crust is golden brown and the streusel is golden and bubbling. Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve your vegan pumpkin pie with cranberry pecan streusel warm or at room temperature. You could top it with vegan whipped cream but I think the streusel crumb is beautiful and tasty enough on it’s own. Store leftovers loosely covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
Ingredient Health Benefits
Cranberries- rich in fiber; excellent source of vitamin C, phytonutrients
Pecans- thaimine, vitamin E, magnesium, protein, fiber, antioxidants, oleic acid, phytochemicals
Pumpkin- fiber, potassium, selenium, vitamin A
you might also enjoy
Pumpkin Pie with Cranberry Pecan Streusel
- Food Processor
- Blender (optional)
Vegan Pie Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 6-8 tbsp cold water
- 2½ cups pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2½ tbsp arroowroot powder
- 1¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Cranberry Pecan Streusel Topping
- ¼-½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 4 tsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz fresh cranberries, chopped
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
Vegan Pie Crust
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt together with a wooden spoon. Using a pastry cutter or 2 butter knives cut in 6 tbsp cold, cubed vegan butter. Continue cutting in the butter until the mixture resembles wet crumbly sand.
- Add ice cold water 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture just comes together when stirred with a wooden spoon. You don't want the mixture overly wet and sticky. It should be just moist enough to hold together. If necessary, knead a few times with your hands to get it to come together.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator to keep cold while you work on the pie filling and the streusel topping. Do not leave the dough uncovered in the refrigerator longer than 1 hour or it will dry out. If you need to store it longer wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- When ready to use, roll the dough out on a floured surface. The dough should be about 10-11 inches in diameter.
- Place pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish and gently press into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Scallop the edges if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If using your own vegan pie crust, prepare a 9 inch pie dish by gently pressing the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until combined. The mixture will be slightly thick. That's what you are looking for. Resist the urge to thin it.
- Pour pumpkin pie mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Prepare the cranberry pecan streusel.
Cranberry Pecan Streusel
- Add vegan butter, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into a food processor and pulse until combined. The mixture should resemble course, wet sand.
- Stir in chopped cranberries and pecans.
- Remove pie from the oven and place streusel mixture on top. Be sure to cover the pie evenly and completely.
- Bake pie for additional 20-25 minutes until the streusel is golden and bubbling.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.