Fresh raspberries and lemons add a hint of sweet as well as tart to these summertime raspberry lemonade overnight oats.
Nothing says summertime like a cool, refreshing lemonade right? With all the berries still in season why not add some of those to your oats too? That’s what I was going for with these raspberry lemonade overnight oats. Refreshing. Simple. Tasty. It’s what all good meals are made of!
Since today has been another crazy day over here spent playing at the local water park the last thing I wanna do is spend even 15 minutes in my hot kitchen making dinner. This is usually about the time I decide that it’s Breakfast for Dinner Night.
I don’t know about you guys, but at my house this evokes emotions of sheer joy from my kids. Ok, from us adults too. I mean, let’s be honest, it’s practically an excuse to eat dessert for dinner.
If you’re like me, sweets for breakfast is the best. Makes me feel like a kid again. So if you’re in the mood to dial back the clock a few years at dinner I suggest whipping up these little beauties. And if you’re not like me and prefer to have breakfast at, well, breakfast time, that’s ok! These also make a great traditional AM meal.
Raspberry Lemonade ONOs Variations
Oh and did I mention it’s also a great way to use up the last of your summer raspberries? I’m looking forward to the season of pumpkin everything just as much as the next girl but I have to admit…I will miss all the summer fruit. If you’re short on raspberries feel free to throw in any ripe fruit you’ve got laying around. Overnight oats are super versatile so go crazy. Remember, it’s breakfast for dinner!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Fresh raspberries: Excellent source of Vitamin C/Good source of fiber, phosphorus, & selenium
Lemons: Excellent source of Vitamin C/Contain Vitamin A, calcium, & potassium
Oats: Vitamin E/Calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron/Fiber
Raspberry Lemonade Overnight Oats
- Resealable glass jar/container with lid
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla plant-based milk (I use Flax Milk with added protein)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- fresh raspberries (add just before serving)
- Combine old-fashioned oats, chia seeds, protein powder (optional), & the zest of one lemon to a resealable mason jar or container with a lid.
- Add plant-based vanilla milk, water, & fresh lemon juice.
- Secure lid to container and shake well to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours) allowing oats to soften.
- Top with fresh raspberries before serving.