Weeknight dinners don’t get much easier than this rice sheet pan meal. Loaded with beans, vegetables, and, of course, rice this quick dish is perfect for busy families who still crave home-cooked meals.
Why you’ll love it
I can’t emphasize enough just how amazing this meal is. I mean, all you need is a knife and rimmed baking sheet. It’s ready in about 45 minutes and has all the plant-based goodies. You might also love it because it’s…
Rice Pan Meal
Preheat the oven to 375*F and grab a rimmed baking sheet. Pour in 1 cup of rice, diced sweet potato, broccoli florets, pressed and cubed tofu, and kidney beans on the sheet pan. Stir the contents and then pour in the vegetable broth. Start with 1 cup of broth and continue adding broth until the rice is just covered with liquid.
Carefully place the tray into your preheated oven and cook, uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Check the rice at the 30 minute mark to make sure that it’s tender and that the vegetables are softening.
When the liquid is gone, the rice is cooked, and the vegetables are tender remove the tray from the oven and allow it to sit for a few moments before fluffing up the rice. Serve warm over lettuce greens and topped with your favorite dressing, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, and vegan cheese. Or it as is right from the tray.
I hope that you and your family customize this rice sheet pan meal to meet your individual tastes and preferences. Be sure to let me know what you think and enjoy friends!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Broccoli- vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid, calcium, chromium
Sweet potato- vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, potassium, fiber
you might also enjoy
Rice Sheet Pan Meal
- Rimmed baking sheet
- 1, 14oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 medium purple sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth or enough to just cover the rice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Dump the rice, kidney beans, broccoli, tofu and sweet potatoes into a rimmed baking sheet. Stir to combine.
- Top with enough vegetable broth to cover the rice. Spread the rice, beans, tofu, and vegetables in an even layer.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven when the broth is absorbed, the rice is cooked, and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm. Top with fresh herbs or vegan parmesan cheese if desired.