This rosemary peach granola is all the best things about summer rolled into one. Fresh rosemary undertones pair beautifully with the sweetness of dried peaches. It’s chunky, crunchy, and simple. No added oils and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Why you’ll love it
None of the store-bought granola can touch the homemade stuff. Fresh granola is 100 times better than anything you’re going to find at the supermarket. Plus, homemade granola isn’t loaded with sugar and preservatives. In case you need any other reason to make this rosemary peach granola just keep reading.
- Slightly sweet
Making the Perfect Granola
You have to promise that you’ll follow these tips for making the perfect granola. Because even though you have this awesome recipe, if you fail to do these few simple things your granola might not turn out quite as perfectly as it should. But don’t worry, these tips are super simple.
- First, make sure your rimmed baking sheet is lined with parchment paper or a mat. Otherwise your granola will stick and burn.
- Next, firmly press your raw granola into the baking sheet. Make sure that it is evenly pressed into the pan and that there are no holes in the granola where you can see the parchment paper. Evenly pressed and spread = chunky granola.
- Lastly, LET IT COOL! Please, please resist the urge to break the granola apart when it’s still hot, or even just warm. Letting it cool completely will make it brittle and perfect for breaking into large chunks. Give it 10-15 minutes. The wait is worth it.
Rosemary and Peaches
Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Next, in a large bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup. Stir them together until the almond butter and maple syrup are incorporated. It will be slightly thick and that’s ok. This will help ensure that our granola is super chunky.
To the large bowl, add the oats (gluten-free if necessary), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, and fresh chopped rosemary. Stir the dry and wet ingredients together until they’re well combined and all the dry ingredients are moistened.
Transfer the granola to your prepared baking sheet and gently press. Make sure that the granola is evenly spread over the baking sheet. Bake the granola for 20 minutes until it’s fragrant and golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
Once the granola is cool, break it into chunks and add the dried chopped peaches. Enjoy immediately with your favorite plant-based milk or yogurt. You can store it in an airtight container on the counter for 3-5 days. Just a note: Store the granola alone and add the chopped peaches before serving.
This is such a unique granola but I hope that you give it a try, because let me tell you, it’s delicious. The flavor combination just works. Enjoy friends!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Almonds- protein, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, iron
Oats- vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron, fiber
Pumpkin seeds- omega-3 fats, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, fiber
Rosemary- polyphenolic compounds (inhibit oxidation & bacterial growth)
Sunflower seeds- vitamin E, folate, magnesium, selenium, copper, phytosterols
you might also enjoy
Rosemary Peach Granola
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter, smooth or crunchy
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dried peaches, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup until incorporated.
- To the large bowl, add the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, and fresh rosemary. Stir to until well combined and all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently press the granola into the prepared baking sheet. Make sure that the granola is evenly spread over the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once the granola is cool, break into chunks and add the dried chopped peaches. Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-5 days.