Highly addictive and dangerously delicious these vegan chocolate pb cup cookies are going to be a show stopper to any event you bring them to this holiday season.
These cookies have been a hit around here for years. I’ve have tons of people ask me for the recipe so I figured it was time to share. Hope that you and yours will find them just as delightful as we do.
Why you’ll love them
This cookies are loaded with all the best things imaginable. It’s like everything you could ever want for dessert rolled up into one cookie.
- and finally…Peanut butter. Need I say more?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie
These are really very simple to make. Preheat your oven to 350*F, grab a stand mixer (or a large bowl and a hand mixer), and some good quality cookie sheets and let’s do this thing.
Begin by making flax eggs. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp flaxseed meal and 5 tbsp of water. Set aside and allow to thicken. In the meantime, in the bowl of your stand mixer cream the softened, room-temperature vegan butter with the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate coconut peanut butter. Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Once the flax egg has set, add it and the vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until just combined. Finally, add flour mixture 1/3 at a time to the stand mixer. Mix the dough until the flour is just combined stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Do not over-mix.
Add the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate crispy gems. Gently stir them in using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. Roll the dough into balls about 2 tablespoon big. Place them on an uncreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. While the cookies are in the oven, roughly chop the mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups. When the cookies are finished baking, they will still be slightly soft in the middle. That’s fine. Remove them from the oven and top with some of the chopped peanut butter cups. Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for an additional 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
If for some reason you cannot find the ingredients just check below for my suggested substitutions. Remember, these are practically a dump cookie so you can get creative, use what you have, and make substitutions to accommodate dietary needs.
- Chocolate coconut peanut butter spread- You can either make your own chocolate peanut butter from 1 cup of raw peanuts and 1/4c cocoa powder or you can use regular peanut butter instead.
- Dark chocolate crispy gems- Substitute an additional 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Mini-dark chocolate peanut butter cups- You can
I hope that you enjoy making, eating, and sharing these delectable vegan chocolate pb cup cookies.
Ingredient Health Benefits
Chocolate- magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, manganese; vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, E; pantothenic acid; phenolic phytochemicals; flavonoids; caffeine; theobromine (antioxidant)
Flax- Omega-3 fats, soluble and insoluble fiber
you might also enjoy
Vegan Chocolate PB Cup Cookies
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (5 tbsp water to combine)
- ¾ cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup chocolate peanut butter*
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup vegan mini chocolate chips**
- 1 cup vegan candy coated chocolates***
- 1, 8oz bag vegan peanut butter cups****
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the flax egg in a small bowl by whisking together the flaxseed meal with 5 tbsp water. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) cream together softened vegan butter, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter.
- Add flax eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine then ⅓ at a time add to the wet ingredients stirring until just combined.
- Fold in vegan chocolate chips and vegan candy covered chocolates.
- Scoop a tbsp sized amount onto a cookie sheet and slightly flatten down. Make sure that cookies are about 2 inches apart to allow room for spreading during baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While cookies are baking, roughly chop the vegan mini peanut butter cups.
- Remove cookies from the oven and quickly top with chopped peanut butter cups. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack.