This vegan walnut fudge topped with walnut caramel is just the dessert you should make for the upcoming holidays. The fudge is thick, chocolate-y, and perfectly chewy. And my vegan walnut caramel takes this (or any) dessert from ordinary to extraordinary.
This fudge is so simple there’s not much to talk about. Unless of course you want to know just how delicious it is. In that case, there’s plenty to discuss. Don’t let the fact that it’s only 5 ingredients fool you. This perfect holiday dessert packs a powerful punch. It’s sweet, chocolate-y, and chewy. With a slight crunch from walnuts to boot. Made in less 30 minutes, all you’ll need is a food processor and a loaf pan to prepare this ultimate holiday dessert. Make it ahead of time so you can spend your holiday doing what’s really important-hanging out with family and friends.
To make this incredibly easy dessert all you’ll need is: two firmly packed cups of soft, pitted medjool dates, 1/2 cup of walnut butter (for tips on making you own check out this post), some warm water, and a splash of vanilla extract.
Start by pulsing the dates in your food processor until a sticky ball forms. You want a pretty smooth date paste and once you have that, separate the ball so that it’s evenly distributed in the bowl of the processor. Then add the walnut butter, 1/2 cup warm water, and a splash of vanilla extract. Process until everything is incorporated. Continue adding warm water until the fudge is
At this point you can add walnut pieces and pulse to combine. Press the thick, sticky fudge into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350*F for 15-20 minutes until the edges of the fudge are just crispy. Allow the fudge to cool in the pan. The longer this fudge sits the firmer it will get. When you’re ready to serve, top it with walnut caramel, vegan ice cream, or whipped coconut cream. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
As if the fudge isn’t dreamy enough, I’m giving you the ultimate walnut caramel sauce to top it off with. This sauce is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and naturally sweetened with dates. It requires only 4 ingredients and can be made in a food processor in about 5 minutes.
Use it not only to top off this fudge, but any other holiday dessert you wish. Try it on cheesecake, over brownies, or sandwiched between cookies. It’s also pretty amazing right off a spoon too.
Walnut Date Caramel
- Food Processor
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- ¼ cup walnut butter
- ⅓-½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place fresh, pitted dates to food processor and process until a sticky ball forms. Break apart ball and evenly distribute in the bowl of the food processor.
- Add walnut butter, vanilla and ⅓ cup warm water. Process until smooth. Add more warm water as needed to thin the caramel.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Let me know if you make this super simple dessert for your next holiday get-together. I promise, you guests won’t know they’re being served a vegan dessert (unless you tell them).
Ingredient Health Benefits
Walnuts- Omega 3s, thaimine, B6, folic acid, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, Vitamin E, polyphenols
you might also enjoy
- Food Processor
- 2 cups pitted, tightly packed dates*
- ½ cup walnut butter
- ⅓ cup cocao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a small loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add moist, sticky dates to the food processor and process until a ball forms. Break the ball apart and spread it evenly around the bowl of the food processor.
- Add walnut butter, cocoa powder, and melted coconut oil and pulse until incorporated. The mixture will be very sticky and thick.
- Add chopped walnuts and pulse to incorporate.
- Dump fudge into prepared loaf pan. Press more chopped walnuts into the top of the fudge if dessired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly crunchy around the edges. Allow to cool in the loaf pan. The longer it sits the firmer it will become. Cut into 8-10 pieces and serve with walnut caramel sauce, vegan ice cream, or whipped coconut cream.